Bhumi Pednekar opens up about facing criticism in the film industry; says, “I didn’t look like the conventionally beautiful leading ladies”

Bhumi Pednekar recently expressed her appreciation for Samantha Ruth Prabhu’s bold Pepsi advertisement on her social media account. The ad challenged societal norms and criticized those who judge women for their choices regarding marriage and clothing. Bhumi shared her own experiences in the film industry, where she faced constant criticism and scepticism about her ability to succeed as a leading actress. She also revealed the negative statements that were often told to her, such as her debut film being her last and not fitting the mould of a conventional leading lady. Bhumi’s post aimed to inspire and empower women to believe in themselves and their abilities.

Bhumi Pednekar opens up about facing criticism in the film industry; says, “I didn’t look like the conventionally beautiful leading ladies”

On Wednesday, Bhumi took to her Instagram account and posted the ad. Sharing the video, she wrote in caption, “If I had a penny for all the times I was told how the odds were stacked up against me to succeed as a leading star…”

She added, “From how my debut would be my last film since I was playing an overweight heroine, to how I should play safe and not champion causes through cinema as I would be seen niche, to how I didn’t look like the conventionally beautiful leading ladies that have graced our cinema which meant my chances were next to zero… I did not let naysayers question my worth. I made decisions to break the norms and stereotypes that women are chained with and chose to Rise Up!”

“So, all I have to tell other women is Tu Tera Kar! Kudos to the team over at @pepsiindia and one of my personal favourite actors @samantharuthprabhuoffl for bringing such a relatable and bold piece to life with this ad. More power to you,” Bhumi concluded.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Bhumi ???? (@bhumipednekar)


Meanwhile on the work front, Bhumi recently appeared in the movie Bheed with Rajkummar Rao. Her upcoming filmography is interesting, and it includes Bhakshak with Surya Sharma and Afwaah with Nawazuddin Siddiqui. She is now working on The Lady Killer and Meri Patni Ka Remake alongside Arjun Kapoor.

Also Read: Bhumi Pednekar opens up on her fashion journey; says, “It started casually when I decided to put out aspects of my life”

The post Bhumi Pednekar opens up about facing criticism in the film industry; says, “I didn’t look like the conventionally beautiful leading ladies” appeared first on Bollywood Hungama.



from Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/qyYH6jd
Previous Post Next Post