Priyanka Chopra calls working in Hollywood a ‘humbling experience’: ‘I did the hustle that I needed to do to make it in any new industry’

Priyanka Chopra has risen to global fame with her work overseas. After a successful career in the Hindi film industry, the actress ventured into Hollywood and has starred in many projects and headlined the ABC series Quantico. As she gears up for Citadel, her first project with Russo Brothers, the actress recently sat down for a conversation about women in films, South Asian identity and pay parity. While she discussed at length about the pay gap between male stars and female stars in India, she also talked about the work in Hollywood and how difficult to make it work.

Priyanka Chopra calls working in Hollywood a ‘humbling experience’: ‘I did the hustle that I needed to do to make it in any new industry’

Speaking after she was mentioned on the BBC 100 Women list for 2022, Priyanka Chopra said that getting work in Hollywood has been tougher even after her long list of work in India. “I would go into meetings by myself, introduce myself and take my showreel. I worked with acting coaches and dialect coaches. I did auditions, got rejected, cried, and then went back for another one. I did the hustle that I needed to do to make it in any new industry. It was a humbling experience,” she told BBC.

Having carved a niche for herself overseas, it’s taken a long time for Priyanka Chopra to get the kind of work she wanted to do. “I think maybe I’ve built a certain amount of credibility, and so I’m doing interesting work. We’ll see if that’s accepted or not. It’s really hard to be South Asian and Indian in Hollywood. There’s still a long way to go,” she said.

Meanwhile, with Citadel already gearing up for the premiere in April 2023, Priyanka Chopra has lined up her next project. The actress is set to executive produce an upcoming limited series through her banner Purple Pebble Pictures (PPP). Amazon Studios is developing the project titled Assume Nothing, which is based on Tanya Selvaratnam’s memoir of the same name. Priyanka is also in talks to star in the same.

Meanwhile, Priyanka Chopra has Citadel set at Prime Video with Richard Madden and Stanley Tucci. The series is set to premiere on April 28. She also has a movie Love Again releasing in theatres on May 12, with Sam Heughan and Celine Dion.

ALSO READ: Priyanka Chopra on being called ‘black cat’, ‘dusky’ in Bollywood: ‘I thought I was not pretty enough’

The post Priyanka Chopra calls working in Hollywood a ‘humbling experience’: ‘I did the hustle that I needed to do to make it in any new industry’ appeared first on Bollywood Hungama.



from Bollywood Hungama https://ift.tt/ECF5wM4
Previous Post Next Post